Join us for a workshop on Visual Storytelling & Presentation Design for Systems Change.
In this hands-on class, participants will learn how visual communication and storytelling frameworks enable professionals to discover, brainstorm, prototype, develop, and effectively communicate complex ideas. In addition, we will explore how visual communication and graphic visualization can help you better present ideas effectively to customers, co-workers, and investors.
Explaining yourself, your business, or a complex technical or social issue can be challenging. We have all suffered through meandering presentations with poorly designed PowerPoint slides. So how can we shift from a typical presenter to a compelling storyteller and use visuals effectively?
In this hands-on workshop, we will address these common questions:
- What are the basic building blocks of “storytelling,” and why are organizations identifying it as a core leadership skill?
- How can we better understand the needs, limits, and goals of your audience?
- What are some techniques for planning an engaging and effective presentation?
- What are some basic rules of visual communication?
- What can we learn from engaging presenters that will improve our everyday communication?
- What models exist for explaining complex topics and inspiring action?
Speaker: Peter Durand
Parking Instructions: Enter 4203 Fannin Street into your GPS for directions directly to the red parking lot, located across the street from the Ion building.